The mission of the Cruising Club of America is to
promote cruising and racing by amateurs, to encourage the development
of suitable types of cruising craft, to stimulate interest
in seamanship, navigation and handling of small vessels, and
to gather and keep on file all information which may be of
assistance to members in cruising.
The activities of the Club have evolved
over time, but always adhere to a firm and carefully defined
set of core principles:
- Adherence to rigorous membership qualifications stressing
cruising and offshore command.
- Promotion of safe and seaworthy vessels.
- Encouragement of good seamanship and safety at sea.
- Promotion of offshore cruising by amateurs.
- Remaining an all-volunteer organization.
this web site, you will find information that demonstrates
how the Cruising Club of America pursues its mission. We encourage
you to explore this material, apply it to your own cruising
adventures, and share it with others who might benefit in their
own pursuits of adventure at sea.