Mallorca Sept 12 – 25 2020
Our plans are moving along well for our Mallorca Cruise in September 2020.
The weather is pleasant and the water warm in September. Daily temperatures are in the high 70’s low 80’s. Rainfall in our 2 week period over the last 2 years has averaged 0.6 in.
We plan to sail 185 miles around the island counter-clockwise. While winds are generally quite light in September, if anything comes up it will be a Mistral out of the NE. Going C-C has the wind behind us as we go along the North Coast. It also allows us more flexibility for people to visit the Illa de Cabrera nature park early in the event.
We have identified several possible venues. Our current ideas are
- Saturday 12th – Palma – Opening cocktails
- 47 miles Sun / Mon/ Tuesday
- - boats can take their time getting out of Palma, then explore south coast and Illa de Cabrera a nature reserve on the South East tip of Mallorca.
- Wednesday 16th – Porto Colom – Beach party bbq
- 50 miles Thursday / Friday
- Saturday 19th – Alcana – Casual dinner ashore
- 35 miles Sun / Monday – possible stops
- - Polencia
- - Formentor
- - Cala Figuera
- Tuesday 22st – Soller - Dock Party at the marina
- 47 miles Wed / Thursday – possible stops
- - Calla de Deya
- - Foradada
- - Dragonera
- - Andraitx
- Friday 25th Palma – Closing Dinner
We have been working closely with Helen Whysall and Dawn MacPhee of Sublime Yacht Charters who come well recommended by friends in Palma. They are organizing some great party venues and have created a list of charter opportunities which are available at this link CCA Mallorca Charters
It will be updated as boats are booked and additional listings are added. The standard charter would have you going aboard Saturday 12th and have the boat back in Palma for the party Friday with departure from the boat Saturday 26th. Boats require a 25% deposit with booking, 25% 6 months prior and 50% 1 month before.
A recent update of the RCC Balearics Pilot has been created by David and Susie Baggaley, friends of Charles-Henri Mangin (ESS), and can be ordered through this link to the RCC Pilot Guides, For those interested in immediate satisfaction, the 2015 edition is available as an eBook through the same site.
Our shoreside plans are progressing well. Mags and I plan to travel to Palma in February to visit potential venues and work out the logistics.
If you think you are interested in joining us, please let us know by completing a brief survey / sign up list via this link CCA Mallorca Survey
|Sublime Charters Cover Letter||229.19 KB|